- Short stuff zinnias are a springtime favorite and are one of the most popular annuals offered.
- As it might suggest, the flowers of short stuff mix are dwarfed as compared to most zinnias, and usually produce 3-4” flowers.
- They produce full double blooms in colors of scarlet, pink, orange, yellow and white, along with green foliage.
- Zinnias are very user-friendly. They will tolerate almost any soil type, prefer well-drained soil and love the heat.
- You should pinch young stems back to encourage branching, and deadhead spent plants to prolong flowering.
- They grow in an upright habit and are bushy and compact. They are generally pest free.
- Try mass planting them in a large area—the beautiful bright colors will look gorgeous! Whether you’re a beginner gardener or have an experienced green thumb, zinnias are a great choice for your garden!
Zinnia (Short Stuff Mix)
- Blooming Season: Spring, Summer
- Plant Habit: Mounded
- Characteristics: Colorful/Attractive Foliage, Heat Tolerant, Low Maintenance
- Water: Medium
- Fertilize: Once a month
- Spacing: 10 - 12"
- Height: 12 - 14"
- Width: 10 - 12"
- Exposure: Sun