- The Ostrich Fern is a grand, native plant from the Eastern American woodlands.
- Unfurling in a fiddlehead shape, it gets its name from the open plumes that resemble ostrich feathers.
- Like most ferns, this one prefers a cool, moist spot and will spread and thrive in any wet, shady area of the garden.
- A notably graceful plant.
- Height: 3 to 6 feet
- Spread: 5 to 8 feet
- Bloom Time: Non-flowering
- Sun: Part shade to full shade
- Water: Medium to wet
- Maintenance: Medium
- Suggested Use: Naturalize, Rain Garden
- Tolerate: Rabbit, Heavy Shade, Erosion, Clay Soil, Wet Soil