- Very large, bright double blossoms with a slight red center stain stand above the lush, dark green, deeply dissected foliage.
- Flowers have a pleasant, slightly spicy scent.
- An especially vigorous plant with sturdy flower stems that do not require staking.
- An herbaceous perennial.
Itoh Peony (Bartzella)
- Watering Needs: Water regularly - weekly, or more often in extreme heat or containers.
- Plant type: Peony, Perennial
- Deciduous/evergreen: Herbaceous
- Growth habit: Mounding
- Growth rate: Fast
- Average size: Quickly reaches 2 ½ to 3 ft. tall and wide.
- Special features: Easy Care, Fast Growing, Gift Plant, Tolerates Urban Pollution
- Foliage color: Green
- Blooms: Late Spring