- Easily grown in average, medium moisture, well-drained soils in full sun to part shade.
- Daylilies perform well in a wide range of soils, but prefer deep, fertile loams.
- Deadhead spent flowers daily for neatness and remove scapes when flowers have completed bloom.
- Plants are tolerant of summer heat and humidity, but appreciate deep watering in dry spells to keep foliage attractive.
- Evergreen daylilies will retain their foliage in warmer climates, but their foliage will be damaged in areas with cold winters and can be cut back to maintain a clean look.
Daylily (Stella d'Oro)
- Height: 0.75 to 1 feet
- Spread: 0.75 to 1 feet
- Bloom Time: May to August
- Bloom Description: Yellow with deeper throats
- Sun: Full sun to part shade
- Water: Medium
- Maintenance: Low
- Flower: Showy, Fragrant
- Attracts: Butterflies
- Tolerate: Rabbit, Erosion, Air Pollution