- Stunningly black, shiny, rounded leaves hold their color all season.
- The compact, mounding form offers great opportunities in small urban gardens.
- Plant en masse to intensify the dramatic color effect.
- Very striking when paired in pots with high contrast companions.
- Evergreen in mild winter areas; an herbaceous perennial in colder regions.
Coral Bells (Obsidian)
- Watering Needs: Water regularly - weekly, or more often in extreme heat or containers.
- Plant type: Perennial
- Deciduous/evergreen: Herbaceous
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Average size: Foliage reaches 8 to 10 in. tall, 16 in. wide; blooms reach 24 in. tall.
- Foliage color: Black
- Blooms: Summer
- Flower color: White