- Spikes of violet-blue flowers on striking purple-black stems rise above the contrasting gray-green leaves.
- Especially effective in mass plantings, but also nice for mixed borders and containers.
- A great fresh or dried cut flower.
- An herbaceous perennial.
Caradonna Sage (Salvia)
- Watering Needs: Water regularly - weekly, or more often in extreme heat or containers.
- Plant type: Perennial
- Deciduous/evergreen: Herbaceous
- Growth rate: Moderate
- Average size: Moderate growing; reaches 18 in. tall, 24 in. wide.
- Special features: Easy Care, Waterwise
- Foliage color: Gray-green
- Blooms: Early Summer to Fall