- Bloomstruck Hydrangeas are best grown in rich, medium moisture, well-drained soils in part shade.
- Tolerates full sun only if grown in consistently moist soils.
- Soil pH affects the flower color of most cultivars except white (blue in highly acidic soils and lilac to pink in slightly acidic to alkaline soils).
- Add aluminum sulfate to the soil to make the flowers bluer or add lime to the soil to make the flowers pinker.
- Begin soil treatments well in advance of flowering, as in late autumn or early spring.
- Deciduous/Evergreen; Deciduous
- Height: 3 to 4 feet
- Spread: 4 to 5 feet
- Bloom Time: July to August
- Bloom Description: Deep rose (alkaline soil) to violet blue (acidic soil)
- Sun: Part shade
- Water: Medium
- Maintenance: Medium
- Flower: Showy, Good Cut, Good Dried
- Leaf: Colorful, Good Fall